WHAT IS CR STRONG SENIORS?
|CR STRONG SENIORS is an instructor led strength training program for men and women. More specifically, this course is intended for older men and women who are concerned with their health, who want to improve their future, and who may not be comfortable exercising alone in the gym or at home.
While this course can be modified for any fitness level, it will work up to a moderate intensity.
Overall, this course will help improve health, energy, and well-being!
|Strength training offers many physical, mental, and emotional benefits including:
• Increased muscle mass and strength
• Improved bone density
• Reduced risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures
• Reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, depression, and obesity
• Improved self confidence, sleep patterns, and energy levels
• Improved balance
Did you know…
• After age 30, we lose 3-8% muscle mass with each decade, which is replaced by fat.
• Due to the loss of estrogen, women are 4 times more likely than men to develop osteoporosis.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
|CR STRONG SENIORS will start in November and will be 8 weeks long. Classes will meet from noon to 1:00 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays each week. The starting date will be announced once we have filled the class.
The location is the Chestnut Ridge Wellness and Fitness facility.
|Classes will last one hour and include:
• a 5 minute warm-up
• 6-10 strength training exercises
• balance exercises
• a 5 minute cool-down
|Classes are free to regular and SilverSneaker gym members and $5 per class for non members.
A minimum of 13 members per class is needed to offer the class.