Strong Seniors Classes Monday 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Classes are held at the front of the building that houses Spring Meadow Power Equipment across from the Alum Bank Post Office.
You can also participate in Strong Semiors exercise class from home. We offer the Strong Seniors class on zoom. Use the Contact Us link above or the email link below for information on how to join the zoom class.
Contact the gym for the password, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS CR STRONG SENIORS?
Designed by Jessica Verno
|CR STRONG SENIORS is an instructor led strength training program for men and women. More specifically, this course is intended for older men and women who are concerned with their health, who want to improve their future, and who may not be comfortable exercising alone in the gym or at home.
While this course can be modified for any fitness level, it will work up to a moderate intensity.
Overall, this course will help improve health, energy, and well-being!
|Strength training offers many physical, mental, and emotional benefits including:
• Increased muscle mass and strength
• Improved bone density
• Reduced risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures
• Reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, depression, and obesity
• Improved self confidence, sleep patterns, and energy levels
• Improved balance
Did you know…
• After age 30, we lose 3-8% muscle mass with each decade, which is replaced by fat.
• Due to the loss of estrogen, women are 4 times more likely than men to develop osteoporosis.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
|CR STRONG SENIORS Meets in person and by zoom so you can exercise from the safety of your home. Classes meet from noon to 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Mondays, Wednesday, and Friday each week.||Classes will last one hour and include:
• a 5 minute warm-up
• 6-10 strength training exercises
• balance exercises
• a 5 minute cool-down
|Classes are free to regular and SilverSneaker gym members and $5 per class for non members.